photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Friday, May 17, 2013

Why Arizona Will Knock Your Socks Off

NBD  

I saw this link-up hosted by one of by bloggy BFFs, Rachel, earlier this week, and naturally, I'm fashionably late to this party!
But I love the idea and couldn't wait to join in!

The link is open for a few more days, so go check it out at Rachel's blog, Rachel's Country Roots or Chelsee's at Southern Beauty Guide.

I am an Arizona native.
Born and raised.
There aren't too many natives left around here because either, they all got tired of the heat and moved to the east coast, or all the mid-westerner's got tired of the snow and made their way out here.
Either way, we're a rare breed.
And nonetheless, I quite frankly, find Arizona to be the shiz.
Let me tell you why...

You don't have to shovel sunshine

Similarly, in the winter time, if you're enjoying your patio in 70 degree weather, in your shorts and a tee-shirt and you suddenly think to yourself, "Hey, it would be fun to go play in the snow!"...simply drive 3 hours and your wish will be granted

We have professional sports teams in every major sport 
Baseball, football, hockey, and basketball

Sunsets
Eric Church doesn't lie when he sings, "...an Arizona morning, where God paints the sky"

There's this really cool, really big hole in the ground
(i.e. the Grand Canyon)

There's more than just dirt here
Yes, Phoenix is the desert, but firstly, the desert can be way more beautiful than what may 
first come to mind; and secondly, there's actually even more than just desert here too!
Read about Kinder Creek HERE
Read about Fossil Springs HERE
Read about a weekend in Northern Arizona HERE
Read about Workman's Creek HERE
Read about quality desert time HERE and HERE

I truly could go on and on about all the hidden gems and neat things to do outdoors in Arizona. Since my husband is such a big outdoorsman, he seemingly knows every nook and cranny of this place, and I've been fortunate enough to tag along to most of them. Including my foray into hunting!
Read about this year's Javelina hunt HERE

We have wine
Sonoita, Jerome, Sedona, Wilcox, and so on.
It's marvelous.
Read about this years' wine festival in Southern Arizona HERE

We have low property taxes
I figured I'd throw that one in to sound grown up

We have awesome gun laws
As in, you can actually own them.
If that was too political for you...hopfully we can still be friends anyway.

We turned 100 years old last year


And I can't mention all the awesome things about Arizona without this one thing...
Actually, if I hear someone so much as utter those words in the middle of July...
I might punch them in the face.

Oh and also...if ever you're buying something online, or filling out a survey and you have to choose your state from the drop-down menu, Arizona is always at the top since it starts with "A." So it's really convenient not to have to scroll through 50 states to choose your location.
So you know, there's that too.

And there you have it.
I'm sure I missed a few bunch of things, but this should be a good start.

Go Sundevils! 



4 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm a native too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA love this. Also...I would love to see those sunsets and sun rises..we rarely get something like that here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May i come visit? K' thanks! :) :)
    haha.
    Those sunsets/sunrises are absolutely STUNNING and i've always wanted to visit the grand canyon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgsh gorgeous pics!!! Thanks for linking up with us:)

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine