photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Cowboys, Birthdays, Mnemonic Devices, and Other Fun Things

Sooooo...it's been a little while hasn't it?

Mah bad.

I could go on and tell you all about how awesome I am at managing my time (which is clearly why my last blog post was over a week ago)...but you've totally heard that before. 
So let's talk about what's been goin' on shall we?!

Last weekend was Cowboy Weekend 2013. 
Read about Cowboy Weekend 2012 here.
What do you do during cowboy weekend?
Shoot things.
(Using your choice of: BB gun, real gun, bow and arrow, or slingshot)

Throw things (e.g. knives)

Ride quads. 

Hunt for coyotes. 

See how many dogs and humans can fit in the front cab of your truck
It's kinda like "Chubby Bunny," but instead of seeing how many marshmallows can fit in your mouth, you see how many dogs can fit in your truck. 
I feel like maybe that's a weird example, but you know what I mean...
Maybe next year we'll try for "how many dogs and humans can fit on a quad"
Ooo that'd be good.


In other news, my birthday was last week. My golden birthday, might I add.
I turned 26 on the 26th
...and I already feel older. 
I was filling out a survey today at work when it asked me my age; the first bracket was 18-25 and the second bracket was 26-34.
That puts me in the second bracket!! Next to the 30s!! 
Holy crap on a cracker.

Speaking of work, when I came back after my day off my coworkers decorated my cube for my birthday:
Totally kept it up all week.
Totally ate the left over ice cream cake all week too.

Ooh, another piece of good news includes the fact that I'm down to my very. last. class. ever. in my Master's program.
One of my classes this semester was a condensed 8 week course and ended  at the end of February. Which means one class down, one to go, and then I'll be homework free for the rest. of. my. life.
That has a good ring to it doesn't it?

Lastly, I was pretty proud of myself after I finally figured out how to tell apart the Morris twins that now play together in Phoenix after Marcus Morris was traded from Houston...
...so I texted my dad:
...only to find out today that MarkEEf spells his name MarkIEff.

Damn.

I almost had it.

Whatever, his Twitter handle is 'Keef Morris' so I'm just gonna stick with my original idea.

And that's what's been goin' on.
And since I can't think of a clever way to end this post I'm just gonna go with:

Later.


3 comments:

  1. What a cute birthday! And I looove seeing pictures of your dogs! Randy and I are finally on the lookout and checking out the humane society! I can't wait to be fur mom :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO late in reading this post, but happy belated birthday girl!! You and your hubby are so dang cute AND that picture of your two pups sleeping in the car? So precious!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine