photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Monday, December 21, 2020

Blogmas Day 21: Christmas Movie Round Up

I would just like to start out this post by posing a question - is "Round Up" two words? One word? Two words to be hyphenated? I wasn't sure but I went with two words, unhyphenated. Let me know if I wasted four years of my life in college k thx.

Besides that, I am here today to talk about the Christmas movies I've watched so far this December and whether or not you should too. Conveniently, these are all on Netflix. So, in no particular order...

A California Christmas
If a hate-to-love romance that takes place in wine country sounds like your jam please watch A California Christmas. It is a SWOON FEST with lots of laughs. Also: word on the street is these two lead actors are married in real life (*swoons*).

White Christmas
After my mother discovered I had never seen White Christmas she insisted that I do so. So I did so. And I do not regret one moment of the singing, dancing, wholesome Christmas goodness. If you are in the mood for an old classic, watch White Christmas.

Dash and Lily
We discussed Dash and Lily at length yesterday. In short yes, you should watch it for a cute, Christmasy good time. 

Get Santa
Santa accidentally goes to jail and it's up to a young boy and his dad to save Christmas. It was meh. I was told this was a funny movie and I might argue otherwise. Should you watch it? Meh?

Let it Snow
Firstly, until I googled this photo right now, I did not realize this was based on a John Greene novel. Whoops. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Reminded me of a teenaged Valentine's Day or He's Just Not That Into You where we follow a handful of characters that eventually all end up intertwined and at the same place. Bonus points for the Harry Potter references (we love a good HP reference). You should watch this.

Operation Christmas Drop
Watch this movie if for no other reason that it is based on a true story and we get photos of real Christmas Drops in the credits. Heartwarming AF. 

The Christmas Chronicles 2
Is this the creme de la creme of Netflix Christmas movies? It might be. The VISUALS. The COSTUMES. The AESTHETIC. An elf named BELSNICKLE. Watch it.

Midnight at Magnolia
There was nothing believable about the dialogue in this movie or the way in which it was delivered. I almost turned it off because it was so irritating (but then I just skipped around to find out how it ended because I still needed to know it ended, nonetheless). Do not waste your precious Christmas movie watching time on this one. 

The Holiday Movies that Made Us: Elf
There are two of these that I know of - one for The Nightmare Before Christmas and one for Elf. I watched the one for Elf and you 100% should too. It's a behind the scenes look at the making of Elf by the people who made it. It was so fun and so interesting. 

Jingle Jangle
If you want song and dance and magic and FUN, watch Jingle Jangle. This move was a freakin GOOD TIME. Stunning visuals, incredible dancing, and the soundtrack is A BOP. Special shout out to Ms. Johnston - we stan. 

A Cinderella Story Christmas Wish
A modern retelling of Cinderella. It was a cute, enjoyable watch but if you are low on time please skip this one and watch The Christmas Chronicles instead. 

What Christmas movies have you been watching this season?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine