photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Friday, December 18, 2020

Blogmas Day 18: Flashback Friday III

For the third and final installment of Blogmas 2020's Flashback Friday, I thought I'd throw it back to 2019 wherein, I revisited our Christmas photos from each year. This was the first time I'd actually collected a photo from each year and lined them up chronologically. That kind of a thing is always fun for me. Christmas photos mean a lot to me and we have so much fun trying to think up new places to go each year. And for posterity's sake, I've added 2019's photo.

Christmas TBT - Christmas Photo Edition
Published on 12/5/2019

It's Throwback Thursday Christmas photo edition because guess what? That's what I'm in the mood for on this 5th day of Blogmas: a trip down memory lane.

We're throwing it back to 2011 to begin with because that was the year I made the very adult decision to start taking family photos and send out Christmas cards accompanied by a nice long Christmas letter because it's me and I love to write and ramble on paper. Some might say Christmas letters are an exercise in futility in the age of social media (as in, everyone already knows what you've been doing all year long) but to that I say pshaw! It's fun and nostalgic and PRO TIP: if you collect all your letters year after year and put them in a scrapbook with your Christmas photos it makes for excellent memory keeping!

I just told y'all that I still write out Christmas letters and scrapbook...does this make me old fashioned? Do people still scrapbook? Am I behind the times? Whatever, I will ponder this later.

So anyway, what I was saying is that 2011
was our inaugural Christmas family photo. Dogs required because dogs are people too.
Shout out to my dad who took these photos and my mom who stood next to him saying over and over again, "Where's the birds?!? Maycee where's the birds?!" so that Maycee would actually look at the camera. That's why her eyes look like she wants to murder you - because she thinks there's dead birds nearby to be retrieved. Also RIP to the best curled hair I've ever managed to do myself and in eight years have been unsuccessful in duplicating.

2012 
Maycee still on the lookout for those birds...

2013 
Gunther sitting up tall and proud like goodest most handsomest boy he knows that he is. 

On Dasher, on Dancer, on Prancer, and Vixen, Comet, and Cupid, and Maycee and Gunther.

2014
The first year my dear friend Jennica of Amaes Photography started taking our photos. We went up north for the day to cruise around and find some cool spots this year, and they are some of my most favorite photos. Dogs obviously still in tow because as discussed, dogs are people too. 


2015
I can't not have my dogs in my Christmas photos but I'm not gonna lie, trying to get them placed and posed nicely mostly just sounds like, "Maycee come here! No Gunther, I said Maycee. Gunther lay down. No, come over here and lay down. Maycee sit. STAY. Both of you STAY. No, Maycee stay THERE." We are a shit show most of the time but Jennica makes us look nice and normal in our photos and for that I am thankful. 
(actual birds in this photo and homegirl would not be deterred)

2016

Perhaps my favorite year because AS we were taking our photos it literally started to snow. SNOW!

2017
Tried to get Gunther off the log but he wasn't having it. Tried to get Maycee on the log but she was also not having it. You win some you lose some. 

2018

Serious Forbidden Forest vibes this year and I was/am still living for it.

Can't wait to add 2019 to the collection! 

**2020 Carissa here, adding in 2019's Christmas photo:
Dogs, cowboy hat, all the usual suspects are here.

Do you take Christmas photos each year?!


photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine