photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Today is my father-in-law, Carl's birthday.
Happy birthday to Carl!

I have a few nicknames for Carl:
-Carlotta
-Carlita
-Sir Carl of Arizona
-Or with a spanish roll of the tongue, Carrrrrl

Actually, truth is I don't really call him any of these. Mostly because I don't want him to hate me as a daughter-in-law. ...Carlotta may have slipped out once (or twice) before, but hey, he hasn't started ignoring me yet, so I think we're still good!

Carl and I have the same initials:
C to the T
Which means that if you have the initials C.T. you are the best ones in the family.
Bonus points for us.

Don't let him fool you, cause he'll try and hide the fact that he can get down and boogie, but his true colors came out at our wedding. 
I like to call it, the Dancing of the Dad's.
It was pretty remarkable.
Fact is, however, I'm thinking it may have been a once-in-a-lifetime event. If we're lucky, maybe when Dan or Jess get married dancing Carl will make a comeback. 

It's kinda funny cause Carl makes the same face that my dad makes when our labs come bounding in the door and start making a ruckus. I can just see him holding back the eye-roll like, "not them again?" I know deep down he loves their precious faces, the messes they make, and their ferocious tails that whack everything in their path. ...right Carl?!

Carl is super smart, a hard worker, and a pretty funny guy.
All in all, not too shabby to have for a father-in-law =)

Happy birthday Carl!! 



1 comment:

  1. LOVE this!!!! Thank you Rissa! (Just so ya know he thinks the world of you too!!)

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine