photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Monday, December 9, 2019

Blogmas Day 9: My Christmas Playlist

I thought about writing like, my top ten Christmas songs or my favorite Christmas albums or something like that but it is just TOO HARD to pick favorites when it comes to Christmas music. There's so much to pick from and it's all SO GOOD. So, here's the playlists I've been rocking and some of my go-to albums I typically reach for first!

This Christmas Classics playlist by Spotify
This is usually the first playlist I reach for; it's a two-hour and 32-minute playlist of truly the best Christmas classics from Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Brenda Lee to Mistletoe and Holly by Frank Sinatra. So much classic goodness.

This Happy Holidays playlist by Spotify
Spotify describes this playlist as "a list of new and old seasonal favorites." And that, it is. It's Ariana Grande's Santa Tell Me and A Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives. It's Baby it's Cold Outside by Brett Eldridge and Happy Holiday/The Holiday Season by Andy Williams. A little old a little new. The perfect mix of both and I am into it.

This Christmas Peaceful Piano playlist by Spotify
I've been putting on this playlist when I sit down to blog or journal or any time I want to wind down for an evening, or have a nice relaxing holiday soundtrack in the background. 10/10 will bless your holiday ears.

This Hogwarts Christmas Playlist also on Spotify
Ok so don't make fun of me on this one but Christmas time at Hogwarts is the most magical thing and is a prominent part of the stories and movies. So when I searched "Harry Potter Christmas" on Spotify to see what I could find, this playlist came up described as "A mix of Harry Potter score pieces, holiday classics, and wintery classics that evoke the spirit of Hogwarts at Christmastime." WHO DOES NOT WANT TO LISTEN TO THAT? Not I. I want to listen to all two-hours and 47-minutes of it all the time. And that, I do. Blogging? Working from home? Wrapping Christmas gifts? Addressing Christmas cards? *presses play on Hogwarts Christmas."

Christmas Portrait by the Carptenters
This album is from 1978 and is one of the ones I remember hearing the most growing up as a kid. It sounds like Christmas and reminds me of my childhood. A win-win.

Home for Christmas by *NSYNC
This album. Every year. All season long. I don't usually like modern attempts at Christmas albums as much as the old ones but this was an instant classic even in 1998 when it came out. MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY HOLIDAYS, PEOPLE. It's the Christmas Jam!

Christmas Eve with Johnny Mathis
Samesies as the Carpenters above. Christmas time + childhood memories = Johnny Mathis Christmas music

Noel by Chris Tomlin and Lauren Daigle, from the album ADORE Christmas Songs of Worship
This song will move you, you guys. Lauren's voice is so powerful and the message she's singing about is even more powerful. Noel! Come and see what God has done!

I can't talk about Christmas music without shouting out my girl T Swizzle and her brand new, instantly classic Christmas song, Christmas Tree Farm
It's new, it's original, but it has lots of jingling bells and sounds like it's been around for years. Homegirl nailed it.

I was going to include Michael Buble on here but I figured y'all are already well aware of the gold star standard in Christmas excellence that is the Michael Buble Christmas album right?

I know I am missing a ton of good Christmas music on this list and it doesn't even touch the tip of the holiday iceberg. What are your favorites?!

Happy listening!

 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine