photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Sunday, December 8, 2019

Blogmas Day 8: All the Blogmas Posts I Cannot Write About

When I decided try and attempt Blogmas this December and write a blog post every day for 25 days, I started a brainstorm list to make sure I could even come up with 25 blog post ideas. During the brainstorm I consulted Pinterest to see what kind of blog post ideas the internet had. It had a lot. But I found, after reading list after list, that most of the suggestions I couldn't actually write a full blog post about. These are those posts. All the blog posts I can't actually write about. Is this reverse blog post psychology?


A Gift Guide for Your Husband, Wife, Children, Parents, Coworkers, etc. etc.
Gift guide posts are a funny thing. I cannot put together a gift guide for your husband or your dad because I do not know your husband or your dad. For this reason, I feel like most "gift guide" posts end up being super generic suggestions and thus, not helpful. Unless of course you are a Harry Potter fan - in that case yes, I can write you a gift guide post because I too, am a Harry Potter fan.

How to Stay Healthy During the Holidays
Staying healthy during the holidays is not a priority for me, I'm gonna be real honest. Eat your cookies and sweet treats in the morning for breakfast because then you have all day to burn it off...is that good advice?

Holiday Fashion
I am not fashionable and I promise you, you won't want to see my Christmas Outfit of the Day. It's loungewear. You don't even wanna see my Christmas Eve Outfit of the Day. It's Christmas jammies.

Holiday Makeup Looks
I have none.

Tips for Hosting the Perfect Holiday Party
Also have none of these.

Christmas Day Gift Haul
I know these are popular blog posts and Youtube videos for content creators, and I know a lot of people like them so don't hate me when I say this but they kind of come off braggy to me. So I can't and I shan't be writing about my Christmas gift haul.

Winter Skincare Routine
My skincare routine is the same during winter, as it is during summer, and spring, and fall. Do we need different skincare routines for different seasons? Asking for a friend...

How to Child-proof your Holiday Decor
I don't really know how to child-proof things. I do however, know how to dog-proof your Christmas tree. Is that helpful?

The Best Dishes for your Christmas Dinner
We don't really do a formal "Christmas dinner" in my family; we never have growing up and I don't do it as an adult either. Mostly because we all just got done eating a big ass dinner at Thanksgiving - why do we need to go to all that trouble again, four weeks later? Get yourself a Costco spiral sliced ham, throw it in the oven and eat it for dinner on the couch before your police officer husband goes back to work on Christmas night. That is the extent of our Christmas dinner. And I'm not mad at it.

Blogmas posts I can and have written about in case you need to catch up:




 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine