photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Thursday, December 12, 2019

Blogmas Day 12: Christmas TBT - Christmas Tree Edition


If I was smart I would've titled this post "Christmas TREE B TREE"...get it? It's a pun. Cause "t" and "tree" kinda sound the same. No? Anyway...

When we were kids one of the traditions I remember was that my mom would always take a photo of my dad bringing in the Christmas tree. This tradition started long before my sister and I were even born, and as they celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this year - they now have forty photos of my dad bringing in the Christmas tree. 

When I got married I decided I wanted to do the same thing. The first battle was getting Nate to agree to getting a real Christmas tree. I told you earlier this week how I am ride or die Team Real Tree...Nathan is not. I've always said my one piece of marriage advice is to pick your battles. This was a battle I 100% picked to fight. 

It might sound stupid and seem like a small thing but Christmas meant so much to me growing up and I have such rich and wonderful memories of Christmas time throughout my life, I really wanted that as I started my own family as an adult. And I wanted a damn picture of Nate bringing it in with all the rest of the Christmas cheer every year too.

So Nate finally obliged and here we are 11 Christmases later. It was fun digging these photos out - I obviously knew I was taking them each year but I don't think I've gone back to look at them all collectively. 

2009
Our first Christmas tree! With a small cameo featuring puppy Maycee.

2010
Is Nate literally wearing the exact same shirt and hat from the year prior? He sure is.

2011

2012

2013
Nate losing patience with me and my need for photos in 2013 - didn't stop to let me take one. Although this year we did go up north to cut one down, so he was probably over it all, after having to manually chop it down, lug it home, and lug it into the house.
Bless him.

2014

2015

2016

2017

2018

Aaaaand last but not least, 2019
...with a small and slightly blurred cameo featuring 10-year old Maycee and Gunther.

We really ran the gamut in Christmas tree entry points didn't we? Back door, garage door, front door. No dog door though - probs can't fit a tree through that door. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine