photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Blogmas Day 3: A Gift Guide for the Harry Potter Fan in Your Life

I'm gonna be real honest with you guys, I have more than one Harry Potter-themed Blogmas post planned for y'all this month because it is me and I cannot help it. And if the Wizarding World isn't magical enough already, CHRISTMAS in the Wizarding World is even more so. Also, I like how they say "Happy Christmas."


Here are five gift ideas for the Harry Potter fan in your life

1.) Harry Potter Illustrated Editions
Illustrated by Jim Kay, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was released in an illustrated edition back in 2015. Since then, we've been getting a Jim Kay illustrated edition roughly each year with the exception of Goblet of Fire, which was released just this October - two years after book three. These books are BEAUTIFUL and a must-have for any Harry Potter fan. The artwork is absolutely gorgeous and I particularly like how Jim Kay's vision of characters and places, don't look anything like the movies. They are unique and a totally different take on Hollywood's version of the Wizarding World. Did I mention the artwork is STUNNING?

2.) 20th Anniversary Bloomsbury House Editions
I would not call myself a collector by any means, but similar to the above-mentioned illustrated editions, the 20th anniversary Bloomsbury House Editions of each Harry Potter book are a must have.  Upon the 20th anniversary of each book's release, Bloomsbury is releasing a House Edition which includes new information and artwork specific to each House, as well as new cover art, again - unique to each House. They are available in paperback or Hardback and so far, books 1-3 are available for purchase. Bloomsbury intends to release a House Edition of all seven books.


3.) A Time Turner by Noble Collection
Because everyone needs a good time turner.
This Noble Collection replica can be worn as a necklace and/or, it comes with a beautiful display box if you want to keep it safe on display on your shelves.

4.) Anything from Mina Lima
Mina Lima created the entire graphic style of all eight Harry Potter movies in addition to the current Fantastic Beasts series, and all graphic elements in Diagon Alley at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando. They created their own design studio in 2009 so lucky for you and me, we can now purchase all sorts of movie replicas from the Wizarding World! Last Christmas Nate got me the Hogwarts Library Journals collection.
Am I ever going to actually write in them? No. Do I display them on my shelves so that I can feel like I'm an actual Hogwarts student in the Wizarding World? Yes. (Am I revealing too much of my inner nerd right now? Also yes.) They even have some gift ideas already collated for you - check them out here!

5.) Out of Print Harry Potter Collection
This website has merchandise with the original US cover art by Marie GrandPre which for me, is so nostalgic and special as it's my earliest memory of Harry Potter. Nothing will ever be more special to me than my original hardbacks, worn and read and tattered with this beloved cover art, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. So like, why not make it part of your wardrobe right?


It's incredible the amount of Harry Potter merchandise and collectables coming out even all these years later so, hopefully this short list will help you get a jump start for your favorite witch or wizard in your life!

Happy Christmas!


 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine