photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Blogmas Day 1: Welcome and Introductions + Make Your Life More Festive. Like, Now.

Hello! Welcome to December and also to this blog that I have failed to post on every single day since the month of August! But you know what? That's ok because it's the dawn of a new day, a new month, a fresh start and I'm just out here tryna to do my best to dust off this 'ol blog because as mentioned, IT IS DECEMBER and Christmas season is upon us and that calls for blog posts, people.

Every Christmas season bloggers come together, where Blogging and Christmas are married and a Blogmas baby is born (blogging + Christmas = Blogmas. See what we did there?). For a time, Blogmas was a thing in blog world but since I am unable to find where all the bloggers went in 2019, I'm not entirely sure if people still do this but yolo, I am doing it. I am standing at the corner of Winslow Arizona Blogging and Christmas, ready to dive in head first and get my Blogmas on for the entire month of December.


So without further ado, I Carissa, take thee Blogmas, to be my December pet project. To have and to hold, and to write, and to post, from this day forward. For better or for worse, in the holiday bustle or the thick of Writer's Block, to love and to cherish and to celebrate all the Christmas-y blessings that are bestowed upon us, 'til December 25th do us part. Amen.

When I told Nate I had the idea of participating in Blogmas I asked him if he thought I could do it and he said, "If you want to." So I said, "I think I want to." And then he said, "Cause once you start, you can't stop." Nate has an inexplicable way of giving really good advice for things he has no idea about, but it always seems to work. And so here we go - we're starting Blogmas and we can't stop! 

Make Your Life More Festive. Like, Now.

I like to fully embrace each and every season as the year goes by - is it spring time? Perfect, pastel's and Easter everywhere! Summer time has finally arrived? Awesome, break out that summer playlist and fireworks! Spooky Season is here closely followed by fall? Love it, leaves and pumpkins all over! There's something to be said for making your life festive year-round no matter what season you're in... and Christmas OBVI, is the most festive season of all. So since this is Blogmas, here are some small things I do, that you should too, to make your December festive every single day. However, substitute "Christmas" or "holiday season" for literally any other season throughout the year and bam you are festive AF all year 'round! 
  • Drink out of a Christmas/Holiday mug. I tend to do this with my sports teams too. Is baseball #1 in my heart? Yes. But is baseball in season right now? No. So I shall drink not out of my Dbacks mug but instead, drink from my ASU mug because ASU beat UofA and bowl season is now upon us.

  • Buy seasonal flavored food and drinks (e.g. Peppermint Mocha coffee creamer, gingerbread flavored anything, etc.). This also applies to like, hand soaps, shower gel, body lotion, chapstick - buy all the seasonal scents all the time
  • Change your phone and/or desktop wallpaper to something with serious Chrimstmas-y vibes
  • Light seasonally scented candles (my absolute favorite is Frosted Cranberry followed closely by Fresh Balsam)
  • Put on some holiday ambience/ASMR in the background (currently as I write this blogpost I am listening to Hogsmeade at Christmas by ASMR Weekly, who in fact has tons of both Harry Potter Christmas and non-Christmas videos alike. If you want my opinion Harry Potter ASMR is the best kind of ASMR
  • Read a book set in the month of December and/or during the holiday season 

  • Put up Christmas decorations, duh. This includes but is not limited to your desk/workspace at work, your bedroom, anywhere you want to be reminded that it's Christmas and you are here for all of it
  • Play that Christmas music right boooooiii (also a, duh)
Do you feel festive AF yet?!


 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine