photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Currently Vol. 1 Issue 1

It is Sunday at 2:59 in the afternoon as I begin this blog post, drinking mimosas by myself here at my desk, with my favorite slippers on, and a sweatshirt because it's slightly chilly. And I am not mad about it. It is also not too late in the day for mimosas in case you were silently asking yourself that question (or judging me, either one). It is never too late for mimosas on a Sunday. At least that's what my friends tell me.

I am here to tell you about things I am currently into. This type of post has been a staple in blog world and one I want to get back to because it's the best way to find new things! I love seeing what other people use, are into, listen to, etc. For example, I bought this $8 coffee frother on Amazon after Chelsea posted about it on her blog. Now I use it every morning and it adequately mixes up the cinnamon I like to put in my coffee, instead of it settling at the bottom. Did I know personal coffee frothers were a thing before I read Chelsea's blog? No. Would I be enjoying a personal coffee frother to this day, without having read Chelsea's blog? Also no. I rest my case.

So, currently I am:

Laughing at:
This daily calendar.
I realize it's mid-February but it is never too late to order this daily calendar. It's based on this twitter account which already brightens my Twitter feed on the reg - now, every morning when I get to work it brightens my day as I rip off another page and get to look at yet another adorable doggo. 13/10 would recommend.

Listening to:
Harry Potter-themed ambient videos on YouTube.
Ok so I'm really gonna let my freak flag fly a bit here but, there's channels on YouTube that make ambient mood videos based on Harry Potter-themed things. I think they're called like, ASMR videos? My favorites in regular rotation right now are this cozy Gryffindor common room, this bright and sunny Hufflepuff common room (hint: at the 7 minute mark you can hear Harry and Hermione walk by), and this Hogwarts grounds vibe. Whenever I need to focus on something, or unwind and relax, or need some background noise, I've been putting these videos on. It feels like I'm actually on the Hogwarts grounds prepping for my O.W.L exams, relaxing by the black lake, or cozied up next to a fireplace in my common room...and who doesn't want full immersion into the Wizarding World right?! Just search "Harry Potter ambient music" on YouTube and you'll get a ton of options that will fit your mood. Some even incorporate music from the movie soundtracks!

Learning:
How to bullet journal.
I asked for (and subsequently received - thanks Audrey!) The Bullet Journal Method book for Christmas because I wanted to learn how to bullet journal. I read the book in January and have been giving it my best effort since the new year and I have to say I am LOVING it! There is freedom in bullet journaling that I've never found before in using regular, templated planners. It's flexible, versatile, and customizable, it's literally anything you want and/or need it to be! If you've struggled with finding a planner system that works for you I would definitely recommend looking into the Bullet Journal method and see if it's something that will work for you.

Drinking:
This bedtime tea.
Tea season is fairly short in Arizona - at least in my world it is; but we've had some pretty cold days lately in January and February and I am taking full advantage of a good cup of tea in the evening and before bed! This bedtime tea has always been my go-to, but I just recently discovered they have this caramel one now too and it is delicious! A real treat to look forward to as you wind down your evening! Perhaps with a facemask of sorts. And a Harry Potter ambient music video playing in the background.

Using:
This face mask.
Speaking of face masks, my sister turned me on to Nectar - a store that sells the most amazing luxurious bath treats except they all look like amazing, luxurious baked goods. No seriously, see:
They don't have a store here in Arizona but there's one in Las Vegas and one in California at Universal City Walk right outside Universal Studios park, and you can always purchase online. This face mask doesn't look like a typical face mask but I'm telling you - it is amazing. The squares are super sticky and you get about 4 - 5 uses out of one square. A little goes a long way! It's thick, exfoliating, and smells amazing! Wash it away with their Konjac sponge and your skin will feel so soft, smooth, and glowing! Plus it's like, vegan and all natural, and plant based, and paraben free, and all those other things you organic people care about. A win-win for the granola and non-granola folk alike.

So, what are you into currently?! Tell me so I can try some new things!

 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine