photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Lil' Catch Up

I have been sitting at my computer intending to blog for the last 1.5 hours but it's taken me said 1.5 hours to even put one word to digital paper.

The thing is, it's been so long since I've blogged (oops) that I needed to download all my photos from my phone so I can put them in this post right? But my computer is full. I would move stuff over to my external hard drive except my hard drive is also full. Which is why I bought a second external hard drive a few weeks ago and began the process of transferring all my photos and videos from external hard drive #1 to external hard drive #2. BUT the problem is, I'm too scared to now DELETE ALL my photos and videos from external hard drive #1 that I thought to myself hey! Upload some of your files to the cloud for extra back up! You pay $10 a month for cloud storage and have never learned how to use it! Learn now! So then I started trying to upload things to the cloud but I'm rolling like, thousands of files deep so it's taking forever. This cloud upload was happening at the same time my photo download was happening, and since my computer is full as we discussed, everything is running at turtle speed. And those are my technology woes for today, Sunday, May 26, 2019. I'm confident we'll get through it guys, but it may just take another seven years couple hours or so.

But anyway, since it has been so long since I've blogged let's do a lil' catch-up post shall we?! (Lil catch up - should that be my blog rap name?) Ima give it to you quick and dirty in 3...2...1

Took the side by side out for a few spins.
Arizona winter/spring is prime riding weather for a few reasons:
1.) It doesn't feel like a hair dryer is blowing in your face on high heat as you drive.
2.) When you exit the machine to do some exploring and then return a time later, the seats aren't so hot that they burn off your butt cheeks and melt the flesh off of your bones into a puddle of liquid skin now pooled on the ground. That could happen, let's be real.
3.) You can wear matching jackets and beanies and be twinsies with your father-in-law
...just need to get him some blue aviators and then you really couldn't tell us apart.

We enjoyed the unusually cold temperatures and SNOW....in LATE FEBRUARY by taking a road trip through Four Peaks (the mountain, not the brewery), up to Roosevelt, stumbled upon the Tonto National Monument, and then back home through Globe. 
 There is something about snow in the desert...
...snow on cacti...
Anything that looks like winter in the desert really. I dig it.

I celebrated my birthday with an entire crock pot of mac and cheese (THANKS MOM),
and also the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Nate took me to the Wizarding World for my birthday because he is the actual best and sacrificed his distaste for California, crowds of people, long lines full of people, and things of the like. It rained all day we were there which was fine for a few reasons:
1.) It kept a lot of the muggles away (hooray short lines and lesser crowds!)
2.) We knew what the weather was going to be so we came prepared with our rain jackets
3.) It made for a cozy day as we sat in the Three Broomsticks drinking hot butterbeer watching the rain fall in the streets of Hogsmeade. I know Harry Potter is not real but that felt pretty damn close.  
FIFTY POINTS TO GRYFFINDOR for the extraordinary and unexpected visit to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

Nate and I celebrated our ten year wedding anniversary in April. TEN YEARS. I feel the need to put TEN YEARS in all caps because like, how have ten years already gone by?!
We had a party, complete with oversized 1-0 balloons, and a celebrated with our family and friends! More on this in another post.

We also celebrated my mom's birthday in April by getting messy at the Angry Crab.
And now that I'm posting this I'm noticing the creeper behind us trying to photobomb. Whyyyyyy.

Nate won another award in May because he just can't stop being so good at his job.
20 points to Gryffindor for the noble receipt of yet another award and the continued efforts to clean up the mean streets of Chandler!

I saw Ben Rector live with my Old Friends when he came to Phoenix for a visit. We sang it loud and hugged each other during the chorus like drunk girls do. Except we weren't drunk because it was a Monday night and we had to work the next day like adults do and we're not that wild. 
Watch this music video and tell me it doesn't make you want to go call up your old friends and tell them that you love them and that you'll never let them go and that you should go drink wine on their parents back porch. 


We got out to some new places in April and May - one we had no idea existed and stumbled right upon it in the middle of nowhere (never change, Arizona),
and others that were more familiar.

And now that I'm rereading this post, I'm realizing I said I would make it quick and dirty and I in fact, did not make this very quick. In hindsight, I in fact rambled on quite a lot. My bad, guys. Also, technology update: I have roughly 9 hours left for my photo library to "compress" so that I can then upload it to the cloud so that I can then have the courage to delete it altogether from my hard drive. Pray for me.


 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine