photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

My Top 5 Harry Potter Characters

I was casually scrolling through my Blog Lovin' feed this morning when I came across Ashten's post, her Top 5 Harry Potter Characters. What a simple blog post concept and yet, one I had not yet thought of. Bloggers - sometimes we overthink things you know? Or maybe not, that's probably just me actually but whatever. Anyway, Ashten and her friends Erin and Nicole created the following rules to play the game...almost like a  good 'ol fashioned link up. Oh blog world circa 2013 how I miss you.

The rules:
  • Your list cannot include Harry, Hermione, Ron, or Dumbledore 
  • Include 5 characters and 5 characters only
  • Your list doesn't have to be in order (mine is not because picking only five is hard enough already amiright)

1.) Minerva McGonagall

"Is it true that you shouted at Professor Umbridge? Yes, said Harry. You called her a liar? Yes. You told her he who must not be named is back? Yes. Professor McGonagall sat down behind her desk, frowning at Harry. Then she said, "Have a biscuit, Potter."
Professor McGonagall is an OG. She was there since the very beginning, dropping little baby Harry off with Dumbledore on Privet Drive. Her character is so nuanced and carefully crafted; she is tough and stern, yet compassionate and caring. She has no time for your shenanigans (unless those shenanigans demonstrate your exceedingly above average flying skills, in which case she'll buy you a Nimbus 2000 and put you on the House Quidditch team) but politely and methodically crosses the line when the time is right for defiance. She claps back at Umbridge all 5th year long and aides Harry in his return to Hogwarts in year 7. I am simultaneously intimidated by her but would also not say no to a butterbeer in the Leaky Cauldron with this fearless leader.

2.) Sirius Black

"The ones that love us never really leave us..."
I absolutely love Sirius Black, and I love his relationship with Harry even more - part parent, part friend, always honest and unguarded with one another. I'm still salty we only got three books-worth of Sirius and sometimes I like to imagine about what his and Harry's life would've been like had they lived together after Harry's third year. What we should've done spin-off wise in the Wizarding World, is gotten five movies on the Marauders instead of Grindelwald and his creepy eye...Jo, if you're reading this!

3.) Neville Longbottom

"We're all going to keep fighting Harry, you know that?"
Neville freakin' Longbottom. Slayer of snakes, leader of Dumbledore's Armies, keeper of plants, insulter of Death Eaters. I cried reading Deathly Hallows when Neville came climbing out of that portrait hole in Aberforth's bar yelling, "I new you'd come! I new it, Harry!" ALL. THE. FEELS. Neville is a hero and deserves all the points for Gryffindor.

4.) Luna Lovegood

"You're just as sane as I am."
I love Luna's character because I wish I could be more like her. She says what everyone else is thinking. She's unbothered by anyone's opinion about her. She gives grace to those who don't understand her, and she never wavers in her convictions (Nargles amiright). The muggle world needs more Luna's.

5.) Dobby

"Here lies Dobby, a free elf"
When I first read Harry Potter I thought Dobby was so annoying. After I completed my re-read last year however, I realized I had forgotten how integral a part Dobby is to this entire story. He comes in and out of the plot lines but the story doesn't continue, or end for that matter, if not for Dobby. And let me tell you, Dobby is RIDE OR DIE. Ask Dobby and you shall receive because Dobby is loyal, a fierce defender of Harry Potter and his friends, unafraid, and empowered AF from year 2 all the way to the very end. Miss you, Dobbs.

What are your top five Harry Potter Characters?! Tell meeeeee so we can discuss!


 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine