photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Friday, April 15, 2011

Batter up


Tis’ the season…of no more Suns basketball. It’s a sad thing, really. I mean, we didn’t even get into the playoffs and ended the season with a losing record for the first time in some 7 years or something tragic like that. Jared Dudley didn’t even dunk 10 times like he promised us he would! Geez! With that being said I am ready to put this season behind me and forget about all the sorry losses we incurred and try to look forward to next year. …that, and fervently pray everyday of the off season that no one trades Steve Nash. Anyway, since I get a bit bored when the Suns aren’t on and no other team to cheer for I have decided this year to return my attention to…you guessed it…the D-backs! It’s baseball season baby! Now, I used to keep up with the Diamondbacks religiously (I may or may not have made collages of articles and pictures from newspapers and hung them up in my lockers at school), but I haven’t kept up with them in quite some time, mostly because, well…they’re kind of terrible. I mean, I look at the roster and don’t hardly recognize one name anymore.

But one life lesson that my dad has always taught me is that “you’re not a real fan unless you’re still a fan when they’re losing!” …painful as it might be. So, with that being said, 

It's Get-to-know-your-DBACKS time!

Let’s pick up where we left off last year: We ended the season 34 games under .500 at a 65-97 record. Ouch. GM Josh Byrnes and manager AJ hinch got fired. …actually, maybe we don’t want to relive the pain. Let’s move forward, shall we?

Here's some fun facts. Did you know:

-Kirk Gibson is our new Manager (gone are the days of the mad scientist…)


-After a few years in the broadcast booth, Matt Williams is now our 3rd base coach (this one makes me smile; Matt Williams and all them boys make me think of the year we won the world series…with Williams at 3rd…sigh. Moving forward…)


-A few familiar faces remain in Stephen Drew at shortstop, Justin Upton in right field, Chris Young in center, and Miguel Montero catching (where did all the “baby-backs” go? Anybody, anytime?)




-Some dude named Juan Miranda now plays at 1st (what happened to Connor Jackson? He sure was easy on the eyes…)


To start the season we’re sitting at a 5-6 record and 5th place in the NL West. It could be a long and painful season, but the glass is half-full after all right?

“I will not be a bandwagon fan. I will not be a bandwagon fan. I will not be a bandwagon fan…”

Go D-backs!!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine