photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

September: A Blog Post

In September I went to my first ever Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market with one of my blog BFF's Brianna. If you're wondering what a Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market is, it's where there's tables lined with old photographs of women with unusually large backsides. They are organized in photo albums by decade and also by ratio of size to time period. In descending order.

None of that is true actually, I made that up. That would be super weird if that was a real thing. The actual Junk in the Trunk Vintage Market is super fun and has all sorts of handmade items, antiques, local vendors, boutiques, and all of the adorable crafty/super cute/Joanna Gaines-ish looking things you've probably seen on your Instagram feed. I walked away with a couple hand painted cactus prints that are now hanging on my Arizona-themed gallery wall in my living room, and a Christmas sign that says "Don't get your tinsel in a tangle." That's cute right, tell me that's cute.

September also just happened to be the month before October (as per the usual am I right) which means Nate and I (mostly Nate gonna be honest here) really kicked our preparation for our October hunt into high gear. Labor Day weekend we headed out for a scouting trip that included blazing sunsets, pastel sunrises, and barely a soul in sight...just how we like it. Human soul that is; we didn't want a lot of other human souls out there but we wanted lots of deer souls. And deer bodies. Preferably the kind with antlers.
I don't get a lot of pictures when we are out scouting or hunting because Nathan does not play games when it comes to finding animals (I have learned this). I thought I found an opportune time for a quick picture as the sun went down one evening and look:
I said, "smile!" and to his credit he smiled however, you'll notice he did not take his eyes out of his binoculars. Did not stop looking for animals.

My family and I bid the swimming season adieu with one last pool party and a rousing few games of pool volleyball.
In the event that we are at some sort of a social gathering and pool volleyball is about to be played and you are selected as a team captain and have to begin picking your team...I am going to be real transparent with you and tell you you do not want me on your team. I am not tall enough for pool volleyball and water that comes up to my chin renders me fairly ineffective. My parents pool is five feet deep and I am five feet tall. You can see how that can present a problem. Although you'll probably want Maycee on your team, she'll kick some pool volleyball ass.

In September I also got to visit some family that was in town from Michigan. He came to watch Michigan State play ASU and unfortunately for him (BUT YAY FOR US), ASU squeaked out an upset victory by a field goal. We were not subtle when we showed up for dinner on Sunday.

Maycee also went bird hunting in September - her favorite thing to do.
And also watched a lot of bird hunting in September (her second favorite thing to do).

And that about rounds out the month of September. It was hot, not terribly exciting, and it went by real fast but, we are now in the midst of all the months ending in "er" and that makes my heart happy.

 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

1 comment:

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine