photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Sunday, November 4, 2018

August: A Blog Post

I recapped the month of July at the very end of August so, in keeping with the theme of never posting my monthly updates on time, I am here today, in November, to bring you the month of August.

I know recaps can be boring and most people don't like them but all year long so far, I have recapped each month in a blog post and so at this point, 1.) my OCD won't let me stop, and 2.) it's mostly for me and documenting my memories. So, all that to say - if boring recaps are not your thing that is totally cool and you can change the channel ...especially because I have like, two more coming after this oops.

In my mind, August is like, the finish line of a long, hot Arizona summer. September is still hot, and October is still warm but we're out of the woods with the 115 degree heat after August. Speaking of woods (see what I did there)...

We made a couple trips up north in August, as we do all summer long to get a break from the heat.
The difference this year is that we didn't do a lot of fishing, a lot of kayaking, or basically anything that required a lot of work to load up gear/equipment/vehicles because guess what...it was too hot for that and we couldn't bring ourselves to do any of it. Most times we just grabbed the dogs, some water, and a roll of toilet paper (never know when you're gonna need that mountain money) and headed for the mountains.
Although in hindsight we should probably add towels to that list because Maycee will find a mud puddle and she will roll around in it. Does she look happy?
 
...cause she's freakin happy.
 ...being dirty is her happy place.

In August we had to say goodbye to one third of ROWYEO - our group chat of two of my friends I met through blogging, affectionately known as "Rock Out With Your Emoji Out."
Kailey left for Michigan and while she is physically living in the midwest now, her spirit (and emojis) still live on in ROWYEO.

While Kailey moved to Michigan, I moved Hogwarts.
JK they don't let you live there permanently. But I did visit the castle, and ride The Forbidden Journey through it, and took the Flight of the Hippogriff and drank butterbeer with my best work friend, Bernadette.
We had been talking about a weekend trip to Universal Hollywood ever since they added the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to it, and all these years later we finally made it happen. Not gonna lie both of us felt like we wanted to cry a little when we got there because we are emotional little Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs and because HARRY POTTER.

Other August notables:

My 20th anniversary House edition of Chamber of Secrets finally arrived.
I am trying hard not to turn this blog into a Harry Potter fan site but since I've been re-reading the books this year I am admittedly re-obsessed. So, if you are a Harry Potter fan, these House editions are one set you have to have! Bloomsbury will eventually be releasing all seven books in a House edition upon each of their 20th anniversaries so start saving your pennies galleons.

Nate got a new truck.
On second thought I'm not sure why I put this in the "other notables section" because this was a big ass freakin purchase. It's a big ass freakin truck, with big ass freakin tires, and I have to climb up a big ass freakin ladder just to get inside (being only slightly dramatic).

Hash Kitchen now open in Chandler.
Ok so this probably opened way before August but August was the first time I actually went and ate there. Charlene and I split bagel slider sandwiches and S'mores french toast. I repeat, S'MORES FRENCH TOAST.

The end of August brings mixed emotions for me - I am a summer time kind of girl and I am always sad to hang up my bathing suits and fold up my pool towels. But there's nothing like stepping outside and feeling like you can actually breathe deep without feeling suffocated by hot hair. It's all downhill after August, in the best possible way.

 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine