photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Monday, July 17, 2017

Monday Thoughts in no Particular Order

So, work has been really busy these last few weeks. Like really really busy, but today we got out basically on time so I came home, took off my work clothes, poured a glass of wine and suddenly I was in a writing mood. So here I am, already slightly buzzed here to talk about nothing in particular. Ergo de facto - this one might be boring but yolo right?

You know what I've been thinking about lately? I really feel like the battle between good and evil lies on the 60 freeway when the far right lanes merge. Those who stay the course are good. Those who ride in the lane that they know ends just so they can get ahead of everyone and cut people off are evil. It sounds harsh but I'm just gonna keep it real with you right now. Some tough love is in order OK? Because as I sit in my lane, minding my business, waiting my turn being a good and courteous and vigilant driver, and I watch cars whiz by me to my right I get a little upset. Those cars represent what's wrong in the world. Those cars, if they went to Hogwarts would probably be sorted into Slytherin. Those cars probably killed Mufasa. Those cars are probably vegan and hate bacon. The bottom line is yes, it probably hurts to hear this and yes, it's probably wrong of me to judge so hard but really, I just don't like your style. Wait your turn like everyone else on this freeway mmk? "We've all got light and dark inside of us; what matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are." -Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - because it seems appropriate right now.

On a happier, less judgy note, do you wanna know what my favorite songs are right now? Probably not but I'm about to tell you anyway. In no particular order (except the first one, the first one is first cause it's my fav right now)
1.) "Lights Shine Bright" -Toby Mac
2.) "Thunder" -Imagine Dragons
3.) "Bleachers" -Jillian Jacqueline
4.) "I Could Use a Love Song" -Maren Morris
5.) "In the Blood" -John Mayer
6.) "Old Church Choir" -Zach Williams
7.) "You Look Good" -Lady Antebellum
I'll stop there cause 7 is my favorite number...irrelevant to this blog post but nonetheless, a fun fact.

So Aaron Judge is an outfielder for the Yankees and he's six foot seven inches tall. Did you know that? If not, that really surprises me because I feel like you can't read news or watch baseball without being reminded that he's 6 ft 7. It kind of reminds me of when Brock Osweiler was at ASU and you couldn't watch a football game without someone mentioning that he's 6 ft 8. My dad and I used to text back and forth during games and count how many times someone said "6 ft 8." In hindsight that would've made a good drinking game.

In other news, we have a cricket problem at our house right now. Like, we're cohabitating with them, basically. And it's a problem because I'm killing at least like, three a day. I feel like that's a lot but maybe I'm being dramatic I dunno. I've strategically placed shoes in various spots around the house so that I'm always ready to kick some cricket ass. I'm like a cricket slayer you guys. So we sprayed our house over the weekend and while I look forward to relinquishing the duties that come with being a cricket slayer (i.e. squishing them), I'm definitely keeping the title. Cause anything with "slayer" in it kind of makes me feel bad ass. Ironically though, I think the word "slay" is overused and needs to be retired. Like if I hear one more "yaaas girl SLAY!!" I might lose my shit. But not the "yaaaaas" part I still say "yassss" all the time. Usually via text. When I get really excited about something. Like when my mom changes her bitmoji outfit and now our bitmojis have matching outfits, for example.

So can I just say that this is my absolute favorite meme right now:
I use it all the time at work - mostly because Nate doesn't think it's funny - but my coworkers and I say it for everything. When someone schedules a meeting to talk about meetings - y tho? When you just sat through an hour long meeting that could've been an email - y tho? When your laptop won't last longer than an hour when it's not plugged in - y tho? When all the conference rooms are booked - y tho? When you're in email jail - y tho?

So anyway, I've rambled on for far too long now - if you've made it this far - y tho? I'm kidding that was a joke but I couldn't help it. What I meant to say was, if you've made it this far - congratulations because I'm very aware this post was boring and all over the place but hey, "happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. That doesn't really apply here but since we started off with a Harry Potter quote I figured we'd end with one.


 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine