photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Sunday, January 20, 2019

November: A Blog Post

November seems like a really long time ago at this point but, as I've mentioned in the past - my OCD on this issue just won't let me not write a recap post. So get ready cause you guessed it - November and December recap posts are comin' right up!

November started off with a bang because HEYO the midterms are here, the midterms are here! Voting day is always the best because it means you get to vote but it also simultaneously means that the campaign seasons are over and can I get an amen for that?! To mark the occasion here I am with my "I Voted" sticker:
Did you really vote if you don't take a picture with your sticker?? Although don't be fooled by my t-shirt here, I didn't actually vote for Reagan or Bush in this election because it's not 1984. Deceiving, I know. 

I put up my fall decor in my house on a Friday after work, and there's something about harvest-y vibes and open screen doors with a cool breeze blowing in your house that really puts you in the mood for some seasonal activities (or maybe that's just me I dunno). 
So I texted my mom and sister the following Saturday morning, explained to them my autumnal mood and BOOM, by Saturday night we were all at my parents house making caramel apples. 
How do like dem apples?...as they say. 

We celebrated Veteran's Day in November which is always a big deal for us since Nate is a combat veteran and we have many veterans in our family. If you missed my post celebrating Nate, read it here
I stumbled on a company via Instagram, called Mapiful earlier in the year (you've probably already heard of them, I somehow manage to be late to everything) and saw they make maps of literally anywhere in the world. Their Instagram feed is so beautiful and I just loved the idea, so I had one made of Tikrit, Iraq - where Nate was deployed for 15 months.
I also had a flag flown over the US Capitol for Nate (another thing I did not know was an actual thing), in honor of Veteran's Day 2018 . You can order a personalized certificate to go with it that indicates the date it flew, and then you can customize your message online when you order it. I thought it was a super cool gift, and something really neat to have to look back on!

We're getting good at taking our Christmas pictures in advance of Christmas these days - I know, what a concept! So as we usually do, because Jennica of aMaes Photography is so generous, and patient, and generally just absolutely wonderful, we all piled in the car (dogs included) and drove up north until we found a spot we liked and started taking pictures. I won't bore you with our Christmas card photos because you've probably already seen them all already on Instagram and perhaps your actual Christmas card that arrived in the mail...
...ok sorry, I lied I can't help it I love them so much. But anyway, what I wanted to show you were these pictures where Jennica had the best idea to use smoke bombs. SMOKE. BOMBS. Does it look like we're in the midst of the Hunger Games 'cause that's kinda what it seems like right:
I mean granted, a much more like, relaxed, romantic version of the Hunger Games considering the actual Hunger Games are about kids killing each other. I dunno maybe not like the Hunger Games forget I said that, but you know what I mean right?

And last but not least, we Thanksgiving'd the crap out of November - so much so, that I only got this one picture of my mom's beautiful table setting:
I got too busy stuffing my face with turkey, lots of bread, copious amounts of gravy, and way more than one piece of pumpkin pie. We then had an air hockey tournament wherein I lost the losers bracket which tells you everything you need to know about how good my air hockey skills are. But yolo I don't even care cause AIR HOCKEY IS THE JAM. 

You could probably apply the same logic to this blog post - it's late January and I'm posting a November recap...which tells you all you need to know about my timely blogging skills these days. But yolo I don't even care cause BLOGGING IS STILL THE JAM.

 photo Carissa_zps53ecb502.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine