photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Friday, July 20, 2012

Liebster Award

I just want to start out this post by thanking the Academy...

Just kidding.

But I do wanna thank a bunch of bloggers for nominating me for the Liebster Blog Award! Would you believe me if I told you I was nominated three times this week by three different people?! 
Believe it.
Cause it happened.
And I'm feeling pretty special right now.
Originally, way back in like, April, Amanda over at My Love for Lyla nominated me for this award...and I was a bad blogger friend and totally didn't do the post to go with it. And then Amanda over at It's a Powell Life nominated me too and I again was a bad blogger friend and didn't do the post to go with it.
I'm so lame.

So then, this week, Mosby from The Life of a Milligan College Student, Ashley over at Dashing Tales, and Ali from Stories of a Girl all nominated me for the Liebster award.
So thanks everybody for the blog love!!...and Amanda squared, forgive me for being so tardy on your ever-so-gracious nominations!! 

So what's the Liebster Award you ask?
"The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome."- Adrian

I've seen a few different versions of the "rules" for the Liebster award; while they're all similar, these are the ones we're going to go with...why? Well because it's my blog. 
And I said so. 
And I don't have any kids to use that line on...
1.) Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
2.) Choose 11 people and link them in your post
3.) Go to their page and tell them.
4.) No tag backs!
Since a few different people nominated me there's a few different sets of questions to answer, so I decided to answer a few from each!
Because it's my blog.
And I said so.

1.) Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I often found myself reading other blogs and some of them were just so funny and witty and entertaining, that I thought it would be fun to start one of my own. I enjoy writing and creativity, and wanted to be able to entertain people and make people laugh with my writing.




2.) How did you decide on your blog name?
Simple: cause T is for Townsend. And Townsend is my last name.
Don't they teach you that in first grade anymore? A is for Apple, B is for boy and T is for Townsend.

3.) Do you have pets? Tell me more!
YES! I have two dogs! Maycee is a black lab. And Gunther is a yellow lab. And they are the best labs ever created. ...except for their tails; their tails are like freakin' weapons and knock things over and wap my legs and it really hurts sometimes. 
But other than that they are totally the best labs ever created.
Read more about them here

4.) What is your best talent?
Easy: eating.
I can eat a lot. Mostly Desserts. I can eat large quantities at a high frequency rate. I can eat even when I'm not hungry.
Ooooh I also have good jokes.
Oh and I can spit water really far in between the gap in my two front teeth.
And I can memorize the rap part in every pop song. 
Oh and I can play a mean air guitar.
Dang, I'm more talented than I thought I was...


5.) What are your pet peeves?
-Wasting my left turn arrow
-Women who carry their cell phones in their bras
-Pointing out to me that I'm really sunburned when I'm really sunburned
-Reporters who ask stupid questions (i.e. "how much does this win mean to you tonight?")



6.) What personal item could you not live without?
Easy: my thumbs
and chapstick.

7.) Biggest obstacle in blogging?
Finding the time.
We all know that you can't just sit down and blog if you're not in the mood, or if you don't have your bloggy mojo going...or have a gazillion papers to write for school instead.


8.) What is your happiest memory?
Geez. Talk about a loaded question.
My happiest memory I think is my wedding day. Cause I finally go to marry my 4th grade crush and it was pretty dang cool.
And plus we had one heck of a party.
An overwhelmingly happy memory was also when Nate came back from Iraq.
Alive.
And in one piece.
I was pretty dang happy that day too.


9.) What is your biggest fear and why?
My biggest fear is my husband dying before me.


10.) What do you do for a living?
Right now I am working at the State in the Department of Economic Security. I'm interning as an analyst and totally loving my first big girl job!


11.) Who is your best friend and why?
Besides Gunther? I was gonna say Gunther cause he's so cute and furry, and is a world class snuggler, doesn't argue with me, or spend all of our money. But since Gunny's a dog I'm not sure if he counts. So if we're talking about humans, I suppose the right answer to this question is my husband; since I married him and all that good stuff. If we're talking, however, about best friends besides the people you're married to, and since Nate isn't very chatty, like women tend to be, my best friend would be Charlene. She's much more chatty than Nathan. And she sings all the rap parts of pop songs with me.
You can read more about her here. 


So since this Liebster thing doesn't allow you to tag back the people who nominated you, I'm not sure I have another 11 peole to nominate and pay it forward, since a lot of my favorite bloggers are the ones who nominated me!
So here are my other favorites I choose for this award:
Erin @ Hopeful Heart

And here are my questions:
1.) Why did you start blogging?
2.) How did you decide on your blog name?
3.) Where do you live? Tell me more!
4.) MAC or PC?
5.) What personal item could you not live without?
6.) Do you have pets? Tell me more!
7.) What is your favorite hobby?
8.) What's your guilty pleasure(s)?
9.) If you were an animal what would you be?
10.) Tell me a good joke
11.) What's your most embarrassing moment?

3 comments:

  1. Yaaay! Thank you for nominating me!! I feel so special! Now I have to get to work on my post! That made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUCK!!! I HATE when girls do that with their phones, it's sooooooo weird, and gross!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY you accept the award. :-P
    …And funny story…I’ve actually “lost” my phone in my bra before. It was the biggest blonde moment of my life. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine