photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up - Cause I Can't Think of a More Creative Title

It's been a while eh? For some reason I just didn't have the blogging bug last week. It's not like I was super busy or anything like that...I just didn't have anything to write about.
Actually, I take that back - I had a lot to write about, I was just too lazy to actually put pen to paper (er, fingers to keyboard?) and write. But thanks to this lovely Sunday night and this glass (or two-ish) of Gerwurztraminer (it's a real word...and a real wine) I suddenly have things to say.
Things like: what I did this weekend. AND the good news is that my weekend isn't even really over yet. Thank you President's Day! It's holidays like this where I luuuuuurve working for the government.

Last week I was feeling like a terrible dog mom cause the dogs hadn't had anything fun to do, so I suggested we go up north and take the dogs, and walk around and hang out. Cause that's what you do when the weather is perfect and you're a terrible dog mom. It's an interesting combination isn't it?
So we drove a couple hours northward (northbound?) and stopped first at Canyon Creek. 
 As soon as we made it past the two families at the very tip of the creek, the leashes were off and so were the labs!

Maycee was in the zone all day...

My favorite part of wanting to go up north for the day, is that it's kind of like ordering off a menu. I tell my husband, "Nate, I wanna take the dogs up north for the day; do you know where we could go?" And he replies with, "Yeah, it just depends on what roads are open." Once we find out what roads are open, then there's a plethora of options, 
"Well do you want a lake, or a stream? 
A hike or just an easy walk? 
Do you want to see the Fish Hatchery?"
I could show you where the rope swing is, do you want to see the rope swing?"
That Nathan, he's full of options.

After Canyon Creek we cruised on over to the next spot where we ate lunch (i.e. a couple of Lunchables; I don't care how old you are, those things are delicous) and yes, he showed me the rope swing. Also, I picked up this wine on our way out of town...I mean, I couldn't not buy it right?

Lower Canyon Creek was up after lunch, and since there were fisherman around we couldn't let the dogs off the leash...cause we're responsible dog owners like that.

On our way home we (and when I say we, I really mean just Nate) spotted a doe not far from the road...see if you can find her:

That natural camouflage is something else isn't it?? 

Maycee was so freakin' pooped on the way home she didn't even care that Gunther straight up laid right on top of her. She didn't even try to move.

Sunday was nothing worth taking pictures of; no one wants to see pictures of laundry, errands, or me sitting at a computer blogging my little heart out. Although we did try out a new brunch place this morning and I had some delicious eggs benedict. People would definitely want to see pictures of eggs benedict. I don't have any though, so you'll have to go elsewhere for that. I don't mess around when there's a plate of eggs benedict in front of me. 

And on that note, I'm gonna go finish this long weekend with who knows what. Definitely not any more Gerwurztraminer, that stuff is long gone. All the more reason to end this blog post.

Happy Monday, and happy (happy?) President's Day!


 photo townsend-sig_zpsd6f7a124.jpg

14 comments:

  1. So much fun! You seriously need to try that wine and tell me how it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous you get today off! I'm at work slaving away already. Also, LOVE that last picture. It's ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww your pups are too cute!! I feel like we need another one so they can be best of friends :) lol
    Looks like such a fun weekend - the scenery is beautiful!! And that wine is hilarious ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally get another one! It makes me feel less guilty when I leave, knowing they have someone to hang out with. Haha! ...Also, looks like you're suddenly a no-reply blogger; maybe Google switched you??

      Delete
  4. ahh SO gorgeous!!!! and how was that wine?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked your line....the leashes were off and so were the labs. A fun hike with great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha cute love the picture of the pups "cuddling" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Gunther laying on Maycee is freakin' HILARIOUS! And you're damn right... Lunchables are delicious for ALL ages!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eh? You sound like you should be here in Canada with me! They make Duck Commander wine?! It looks like you had a great weekend and I hope that you enjoyed your day off today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want your pups and fred to hang out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like it was a great trip! Dogs look adorable AS ALWAYS! and the pictures are fabulous!! I wanna go there!!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine