photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

If I Knew Then What I Know Now...

Guess what today is guys? Wednesday? You're correct...but no.
The 26th of February? Correct...but no. Kind of.
It's my birthday!

I never know the right balance to have on your birthday between not telling anyone and being really obnoxious and telling everyone. For the sake of this blog post (and life in general) I went with the latter. It's the day I was born, and I don't know about you but that sounds like a good day to me. Also, I found this on Twitter:
...and I really wanted someone to sing it to me all day, but I couldn't be like, "hey look at this really funny thing I found on the interwebs! Will you send it to me and pretend that you found it on your own and sent it out of the goodness of your own heart, not because I told you to??" ...but that would probably wouldn't work out in real life the way I had it worked out in my head. Either way, that's not the point of this post and I have no idea why I went down this rabbit trail.

The point of this post is that, any time a birthday rolls around, it's a good opportunity to reflect on your life, the things you've learned, and where you are today. That said, I thought I'd take a moment and reflect on the knowledge I've received so far.

If I knew then, what I know now...

I would've eaten more salt cause there's no bumps behind my ears like my dad told me there would be if I ate too much of it. ...Who doesn't like to clean out the salt on the bottom of the popcorn bowl??

I wouldn't have spent so much of my allowance on TY Beanie Babies, cause it's 2014 and last I checked they're not selling for a million dollars on eBay.


I would've understood a little better, the idea that no trampoline in your backyard gets you a lower homeowners insurance rate. 
...however there's still no excuse for taking a trampoline away from your child
...ahem, mom and dad.

I wouldn't have spent all that time picking out the black seeds in my watermelon, cause it turns out, you can't grow a watermelon in your stomach if you ingest one. Like, it's physically impossible.

I wouldn't have treated the word "piss" like a curse word. ...It's really not that big a deal.

I would never have started watching Real Housewives of anywhere, cause now I can't stop.

I would've waited until Pinterest and Instagram to get married.
I had to plan my wedding without Pinterest. My wedding didn't even have its own hashtag. What kind of world is it when your wedding doesn't have its own hashtag??

I wouldn't have made myself look like an idiot and insisted to people throughout the entire duration of high school, "no really, this is it, we're not getting back together"...cause we all know how that turned out.

I wouldn't have wasted my time with all the lessons in patience my parents tried to teach me, because nothing teaches you patience more than being a Sprint customer wanting to check your Facebook feed on your mobile device only to have the words "Network Error" staring right back at you.
#SprintProbs


I would've started a blog a long time ago.

I wouldn't have judged my 7th grade computer teacher for having grey hair, a ponytail and the last name "Raper." Turns out Mr. Raper wasn't as dangerous (or creepy) as he looked (or as his name maybe kinda sorta implied) and I learned all about typing efficiency and the home keys that year. Thanks, Mr. Raper.

I would've paid more attention during math so that maybe I wouldn't have to count on my fingers these days.

I would've remembered to put my hamster back in his cage after I took him out to clean it that one time so that maybe he didn't have to die a slow death in the wilderness that is backyard suburbia...or fast maybe depending on if the dogs got to him. 
RIP Skippy.

And there it is. Things I would do differently if I knew then what I know now.
Hindsight is always 20/20 right?
Coulda woulda shoulda.

And on that note, I'm out folks. Gotta go get my birthday on.

 photo townsend-sig_zpsd6f7a124.jpg

21 comments:

  1. hah i said the same about pinterest with the wedding! Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg! How did I not know it was your birthday!?!?! Happy Happy birthday love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does that say 27?!!!!! NO WAY!
    Happy Birthday pretty lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    For what its worth, i count on my fingers, too. Hahaha. And I LOVE Real Housewives. How could you NOT watch that?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to you!!! Enjoy your special day! :) And I'm so with you on the watermelon seeds and "piss". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm, I totally remember Mr. Raper. And his name is still funny to me. I'm 27 going on 12. Anyways, Happy Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely still funny...and still a little creepy! And how he stood at the door and shook all of his students' hands? in 7th grade?? Handshakes? Eh, it's whatevs I guess! Ha! Thank you!! =)

      Delete
  7. LOL'ing about the watermelon seeds and the TY Beanie Babies....people always said that if you kept them, you would make SO much money off of them now. Umm, that was a BIG FAT LIE.

    Uhh, Real Housewives....don't even get me started! They're all just NUTS!

    Happy Birthday girl! I hope you have a wonderful day and that you feel very loved and special :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! And yes, no hashtag for your wedding I feel! #2011problems

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your post, and laughed at the first thing on your list of things you would have done differently. Salt--ha ha. Also, hold on to the beanie babies. You may find them now at the thrift store for 50 cents, but they might pay your kids' way through college one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! ...Maybe, we'll see on the beanie babies ;)

      Delete
  10. Happy Birthday! I couldn't imagine planning my wedding without pinterest and that's so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday sweet thang!!!!!! Hope you're enjoying it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. AHHH HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :) Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL as always enjoyed your thoughts SO VERY Much!! Happy Birthday Miss Riss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy birthday girl!! Hope you have an awesome day - do you have fun plans for the weekend??
    So many of these things are the same for me hahaha - the salt at the bottom of the popcorn bowl is the BEST and I have about a million Beanie Babies worth a grand total of probably $20!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday! Oh I am with you on these! I still count on my fingers, those damn beanie babies are taking up space, and #pinterest #didnot #helpmy #wedding

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine