photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Vegas Weekend

So last weekend (er, the weekend before the one that just passed) you may or may not know that I went to see Shania Twain in concert. This is gonna be my attempt to tell you all about it. Everything except the concert that is; I'm not gonna get to that today and I'm just gonna be honest with you about it cause I hate it when TV shows constantly tease what's coming up after the commercial break, and then when it actually comes, it gets no further (farther?) than what they were teasing in the first place and they're like, to be continued! This is in fact, gonna be continued cause the Suns are playing and the game is kind of close-ish and it needs to have my full attention shortly. 
 Phew, that was like, two back-to-back really long run-on sentences.

Anyway, I took a half day at work last Friday (er, the Friday before the one that just passed) and my mom and I hit the road to Vegas! I texted both my dad and my aunt (whose home was our destination) to let them know we were on the road and neither one of them texted me back. I gave them the time it took me to finish my Sonic burger and my Route 44 Diet Coke with regular cherry syrup and easy ice, to text me back until it was time to follow that up with my "don't ignore me" text. I can see when you've "read" my iMessage ok Dad?? But I digress, how did I get to telling you about my text messaging conversation??...

We arrived in Vegas Friday night, and Saturday was for hanging out on the strip! First stop: the Wicked Spoon

My biggest regret in life is wearing skinny jeans to a brunch buffet. Was I high?? 
There was food as far as the eye can see - breakfast food, lunch food, food I'd never heard of, desserts all over the place, and there I was in skinny jeans. 
Don't do it guys. Leave your skinny jeans at home. Cause not only are you going to eat your little heart out but you're also going to drink enough mimosas to fill a small pool, cause they're bottomless. Like, they can't tell you "no, that's enough mimosas for you," they have to keep bringing them to you.

And then after some eggs benedict, french toast, 3 servings of mac and cheese, a breakfast sandwich, some salami, a fruit and yogurt parfait, a couple pieces of bacon, and  some other food I'm sure I'm forgetting... I had dessert.
One in each hand. 
Is there really any other way?
No, there's not. And I don't care that the manager has circled our table three times now, I'm gonna keep eating my dessert and have another mimosa cause this is a buffet and that's what you do. 

And then after the buffet you waddle around and groan and continuously repeat to yourself, "I can't believe how full I am" all afternoon. And that's what we did. Cause gravity needed to do it's job after a buffet like that, so we walked up and down the strip for the rest of the day. And it hurt. My stomach, not my feet. 
And then Saturday night I had to sleep on my back all night cause if I dared lay on my stomach I might've given birth to a food baby. 

By the time Sunday morning rolled around I was still full, so it was probably a good thing that we all went out on a hike, my aunt and uncle, their adorable pups, and my mom and I. The more walking the better.
See, and you thought Vegas was only the strip.
The noun, 'strip', not to be confused with the verb 'strip'. There was none of that happening this weekend.

After our hike, we cleaned up and there was finally enough room in my belly to stuff my face for round 2...so that's what we did. We went to lunch at a place we saw on the Food Network the night before, which was conveniently located not far from my aunt and uncle's house!
It was as delicious as it looks. Also, there's a fried egg on this hamburger which officially takes my fried-egg-on-a-hamburger V card. For so long people raved about fried eggs on their hamburgers and quite frankly, now I get it.

And if hamburgers with an asian flair and french fries with parmesan cheese and sauce drizzled all over them aren't enough...on our way home we stopped at the candy store next door and look who I found:
Oh, and also:
 I mean, I bought some Milk Duds but my highlight of the candy shop was definitely Leonard and Sheldon. And also the Harry Potter chocolate I bought that came with a trading card of Gilderoy Lockhart....that's now up in my cubicle at work...so people can know just how cool I am.

Sunday afternoon we watched the Olympics, discussed what it is about Meryl Davis that looks so weird, and took a couple naps.
That's Meryl Davis, not us taking naps. 

Sunday night was the night of the show, so we headed to the strip a couple hours early to see the Stratosphere. We made our way up to the lounge on the 107th floor, conveniently named "Level 107 Lounge" and had some drinks and appetizers for happy hour.
This one I get. When we went to the George W. Bush Library in Dallas last fall, we ate at the cafe conveniently named, "Cafe 43" and I didn't put it together that he was the 43rd President until after we left.
Cafe 43...the 43rd President...You win some you lose some I suppose. Just ask Al Gore.
Our view as the sun went down:
I didn't ride any of the rides on top of the Stratosphere because quite frankly, I choose life. And there's really not much more to say about that.

And that's where it ends folks. Cause the Suns are in overtime in Denver, and naturally, that requires my full attention.

Next up: Shania!!!


 photo townsend-sig_zpsd6f7a124.jpg

12 comments:

  1. I did those rides on top of the Stratosphere and it was the scariest thing I've probably ever done! I don't know how I got talked into that and I would definitely not do it again. That burger looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS ENTIRE TRIP..dang it I am so jealous! Just ...all of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, the Allans! That picture cracked me up. Not at the table, Carlos!

    Looks like a great trip! Glad you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much fun!! I want to go!! Everything about it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am overflowing with jealousy right now! also, can you tell me where you hiked?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We went in December, and I still need to blog it. So please feel good and top of things knowing this!

    Also the skinny pants, you are a wise woman, and I feel there should be a cross stitch warning people not to wear skinny jeans when buffets are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh this trip looks so fun!! That picture of you eating the strawberry is hilarious lady - you are a girl after my own heart! I always eat first and think later ;) hahaha Can't wait to hear about Shania!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i cannot WAIT to be 21 so i can go to vegas. Gahhhhhhhh! those mimosas and that strawberry - yummo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A buffet in Vegas sounds like pure heaven right about now! I think that lady looks weird, too... can't put my finger on why though. It's not that she's ugly either... there's just something weird... bad plastic surgery maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too was trying to figure out why Meryl looks strange. I think maybe her eyes are really far apart?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have SO many things to say about this, but i'll try to summarize:
    -fun vegas trip!
    -omg zach galifanakis lookalikes are GOOD
    -THAT BURGER
    -fun hike!
    -such cute pictures!
    -MIMOSAS!
    -Meryl Davis=disney princess

    new follower here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of that food looks SO delicious!!
    Now, I want to make brunch plans for Saturday morning, JUST so I can have mimosas. The grocery store bought mimosas will have to do!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine