photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Friday, December 28, 2012

That One Time We Went Ice Skating

So now that the holidays are over...I can blog about the holidays.
Cause (clearly) I don't manage my time well enough to blog about the holidays while the holidays are happening. 
So let me tell you about that one time my family and I went ice skating.

I know what you're thinking. You're probably like, 
"this girl lives in Arizona, there's no ice skating there."
And to that I say nay.
There is.
Don't ask me how they do it, but believe in magic you muggles, cause it happened.

For a few years now, Downtown Phoenix shuts down central avenue from December through January and plops an ice skating rink right smack in the middle of it. I learned this the hard way earlier this month when I went to make my left turn onto Central to go to school and got denied. So after I got done being irritated that I've been re-routed, I thought, what a fun holiday outing!
It was fun because we got to ice skate, make fun of my dad trying to ice skate, listen to Christmas music, and hang out.
It was not fun when the little boys who play hockey were swerving in and out and between everyone, cutting everyone (namely me) off.
Scary.
It was also not fun when the little girls in their little figure skating costumes give you the stink-eye cause you're 25 and they're better than you.
Whatevs.
Kids these days.

But besides the judgmental youth, it was definitely a fun holiday outing. 
None of us hit the ground either. Dad had to be towed in once or twice via Nathan, but he never hit the ground.
Kudos to us Arizonans getting all winter-y and not falling while we try to ice skate.
Kudos.
My mom however, didn't try the ice skating. She didn't want to fall and get hurt. Which is understandable. But maybe not as much kudos to her.
But she was the designated photographer since she wasn't skating, so maybe kudos to her after all. 
After we got done ice skating and eating dinner we put on our spontaneous hats and decided to go bowling.
Which is a little less holiday-ish, but it was past 10pm and my parents (and Nate for that matter) were still out...which means we were in full on party mode.
We strapped on our bowling shoes, picked out our neon cosmic bowling balls, and started knocking down pins.
Well, they did mostly. 
Not really me.
I'm pretty really bad.
I bowled for Nate one round while he was in the restroom and he was pretty pissed about it. Like the kinda pissed that when we got back home he reminded me to never bowl for him again.
Whatevs.
Better to be pissed off than pissed on right?
Staying out late, bowling, ice skating...the holidays make my family do crazy things.

Next up: Christmas lights and snow play!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine