photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

It's That Time of Year

As I'm sitting down to write this post right now, I'm totally having a dejavu. 
This is the place where I started my day today, at 5am, here at my desk and computer. Nate is sleeping and the house is dark and the same lamp is lighting my workstation.
Weird.
I had to wake up early today to write a policy memo for school that was due by 9am...I can assure you, however, that it was not because of procrastination problems.
Totally.

But writing a blog post is way more fun that writing a policy memo so I think I'm ok with this weird dejavu, feeling-like-I've-been-sitting-here-all-day thing.
Shake it off.

Anyway, I'd like to show you a sign that is on display in my house:
along with this one:
but this one doesn't really have to do with what I'm talking about, I just thought it was funny and wanted to show you. 
And let you know that I'm the nice one. 
So process of elimination will tell you who the grouch is.
I kid, I kid.
He's only a grouch, like, 70% of the time...

So hunting season is here in full force. Husband has been prepping for a while now and has been gone up north most every weekend since August. So since there came a weekend where I was homework free, I decided I would tag along with him and hang out where it's not 113 degrees.
In fact, we kinda lucked out, in that it totally monsooned on us!
And it's no secret that I looove monsoons!

I'm pretty sure the temperature gauge won't read 64 degrees in the Valley until like, November. At night time. When the sun is down.
But hopefully I'm wrong.

After the storm cleared we made our rounds to both Nate and his buddies' hunting spots so they could lay down feed, check their game cameras, and set up their ground blinds, tree stands, and whatever else they crawl into to hunt animals from. 
In fact, we visited Nate's tree stand so he could set up an umbrella in it and I really wanted to climb up and check it out.
BUT I was told I couldn't come up because I had "smelly" stuff on - and by "smelly" he means, deodorant, hair spray, clothes that weren't washed in a scent-free soap. And consequently, if I climb in his tree stand smelling nice and deodorized, animals will smell the human-ness and not come near his stand, thus reducing the chances of him shooting an animal.
Well then.
I spend all this time trying to smell nice and pretty and - heaven forbid - deodorized, only to be forbidden, rejected from my own husbands' tree house stand?!
Whatevs.

At least I didn't have to do any of the heavy lifting.
Besides that, I've been feeling a little jealous lately, that Nate's been spending so much time staring at and/or admiring tons of pictures of animals that come into his hunting spots. 
His phone screen saver is a picture of a deer.
I'm pretty sure your phone screen saver is supposed to be a picture of your wife.
So, at the next hunting spot I decided I wouldn't let the animals have all the glory and made my way over to his camera to give him this beauty:

Bazinga.

Those deer are gonna be so jealous. 


1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAAHA! That picture is hilarious! I totally feel your pain, I'm in the same boat! I'm going up to Payson this weekend for a Trappers Convention...yes they teach you to trap animals, lol.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine