photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Monday, August 20, 2012

Some Randoms...

In light of my summer load of classes (which I swear I won't complain about anymore) some fun things have happened that consequently, have slipped under the blogger radar.
So let's update shall we?!

- Our dear friend Abel is shipping off to USMC boot camp soon, so his wife, the lovely Ms. Tyah over at Humble Haro Abode, put together a going away shindig for him. We (and by we I really mean Nate) BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs, we watched the Olympics, and just chatted and hung out. Don't ask me why we chatted and hung out on the patio in 113 degree heat, cause I really don't have a good answer for that one. 
Nonetheless, it was a fun, relaxing, chance to catch up with the Haro's and all who came before they begin their crazy Military journey!   
One more photo of the Original Quad to add to the collection!

- Charlene celebrated her birthday at The Living Room, a wine bar here in town that, oddly enough, living in these-here-parts, I've never heard of before.
Actually, I take it back, it's not that odd that I hadn't heard of a particular wine bar, cause I don't usually frequent wine bars. I more often frequent the grocery store, where I can buy a bottle of wine cheaper than I can buy a glass of wine at a wine bar. So, that being said, I felt pretty fancy at a wine bar, sitting on outdoor couches sipping wine and socializing with all these lovely ladies (and few more that left early or arrived late and totally missed out on our photo op). 
Good choice on the b-day celebration Charlene!

- Maycee was recently caught snuggling
The evidence:
I shouldn't mislead you. It's not like she just climbed on Nate's lap and started nuzzling and snuggling. She climbed up half way cause she was hungry and wanted to beg for her dinner. So then Nate coaxed her up all the way and she was not havin' it, flailing her limbs all over the place. But it was so cute that I made Nate keep her there until I could grab my camera and take a picture.
As soon as he let go of her she was gone like a bat outa hell.
Even so, this picture makes my heart feel warm and fuzzy.

- When I came back from my lunch break the other day at work I found this:
My coworkers totally enclosed my cubicle with parchment paper!!!

I must say, I've never seen anything like it. It was like I had my own little room, my own little hut. It was supposed to be a joke or prank of sorts...but jokes on them cause I was totally diggin' it! 
I left it up all day, that is, until the tape gave way and the whole thing caved in on me; I even added a few touches of my own: 
I'm thinking of asking if they can reconstruct my paper-made-office for me again this week...

On a different note,
check out this summer sky:
Pretty incredible right?!

I'm thinking those are all the updates that are going to fit in this post...mostly because I'm tired and wanna go to bed and can't think of how to wrap this post up.

The end.

How about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine