photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Birthday Gifts

Today is Nate's birthday.
It's no secret that buying gifts for my husband is a long a painful process. It's for this reason, I kind of dread it. I enjoy the act of giving and making him happy, but the actual process of picking out a gift for him is a doozy. 
I dread buying him gifts for a number of reasons:
1.) He's so freakin' picky
2.) He always gets me the most awesome gifts (although, I'm easy to buy for so I'm not sure how much credit I should give there), and I feel like I have to keep up with the awesome gift-giving or try and top what he gets me.
3.) I never know what the heck he wants. And by don't know I mean, I don't know what he wants, and I don't know what the heck it is once he tells me.
4.) Everything he wants always costs like, a million dollars.

So, since today is his birthday and the only suggestions he's given me for birthday gifts cost more than what's in the bank, I've come up with an alternative, less expensive, list of gifts that I am willing and ready to offer.
1.) A store bought cheesecake
2.) Extra space in the drive way for your mondo truck
3.) I will refrain from wearing your socks when I run out of mine. That is, unless they've been sitting in your drawer longer than three days, at which time, they again become fair game.
4.) One full night in which I will not shove, smack, or roll you over should you begin to snore. I assure you, however, that this gift will surely expire after one night.
5.) Your fair share of the bed sheets for one week. After that one week, mind you, it's back to 60/40.
6.) Three full days without me correcting your grammar.
7.) Three full days without me correcting your spelling.
8.) I will make Gunther and/or Maycee get off the bed in the mornings when you get in the shower so they don't get your side of the bed all harry.
9.) Sausage instead of pepperoni on your pizza
10.) Two full nights without me turning off your fan in the middle of the night...unless it just gets way too breezy and then I may just turn it off anyway.

And there you have it. You snooze you lose. If you don't give me a birthday list in advance you may just have to settle for any number of the aforementioned gifts...although I would hardly call it settling (or losing), those are some smokin' gifts if you ask me.

Happy birthday to Nathan!!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your list. Totally just gave me ideas for Michael's birthday! :) Happy Birthday Nathan!!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine