photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Birthday AZ!

Today is Arizona's birthday! But not just any birthday though, our State turns 100 years old today!...I wonder how many years that is in dog years...
Did you know AZ was the last of the continental United States to be sworn into the Union? Yup, we were the last of the lower 48, just before Alaska and Hawaii. 
AND
Did you know there won't be another centennial birthday for another state for another 47 years when Alaska celebrates theirs?!

What I'm trying to say is...
We're kind of a big deal today. 

I am an Arizona native, born and raised, and pretty proud of it, seeing as how, well, Arizona is pretty dang awesome. 
I root for the Phoenix Suns, the D-backs, and the Sun Devils and I solemnly swear I will never jump on a team bandwagon even if my teams are losing (cough Suns cough cough Sun Devils).

I've lived in Arizona my whole life and even though the summers are pretty long, hot, and painful, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. 
Besides:
I know I know, by the time mid-June rolls around I wanna punch someone every time I hear that!
One year Nate and I went to see Brad Paisley in the summer and he was playing an outdoor amphitheater, he started talking about how hot it was and he goes,
"If I hear 'it's a DRY heat one more time...!!" It was pretty funny! 

 Our state is so scenic and unique, and thanks to my husband, who knows every nook and cranny of these here parts, I've gotten to see some pretty cool spots. 
Where else can you be having lunch on the patio in your shorts and tank top, then drive 3 hours north, make a snow man, then drive back down the mountain and put your shorts back on?!
 See? I told you: pretty dang awesome.

People in California call it the "wild west" in Arizona. I say they're just jealous they can't carry a firearm in order to defend themselves, reserved to them by the 2nd Amendment.
Oops! Did I just make this political?! Totally didn't mean to go there...

Anyway, happy birthday Arizona!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine