photo Home_zps7faec99d.png photo About_zpsc67f3c6f.png photo before-30_zpsa0025260.png photo wedding_zps4bb161fe.png photo Furbabies_zpsf8e5acf5.png photo Contact_zps9b292209.png

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Wedding Shower Scandal

I have a friend at work who's from China, and when I told her I had a wedding shower to go to last weekend she said, "there's not an actual shower involved is there?"
Fortunately, no. I'm not down for group showers.

My sister, however, was down for a shower before her October wedding.
A shower of gifts, duh?!!

So that's what we did. We showered her with gifts.

And ate.

And drank (sangria, and champs over sherbet to be exact. Dee-freakin-lish).

And played games.
Bridal Scattegories
The Newlywed game, where every question you answer incorrectly you have to put a piece of bubble gum in your mouth.
The memory apron game
Hopefully mom doesn't get mad at me for that one...

And then the shower ended, fun was had by all, and all was well.
At least that's what we thought.

And THEN Audrey dropped the bomb that for the Newlywed game we played, where Adam, her fiance, was interviewed beforehand, and then Audrey was required to guess his answers...they freakin' cheated.
Adam told her the answers ahead of time.

Cheaters.

So what do you do when the soon-to-be bride and groom collaboratively ruin your bridal shower games by cheating?

You publicly shame them.

And that's what I intend to do.

They're lucky I don't get Nate on here.
As I sat down to write this post Nate goes, "They're f***ing cheaters!! Am I allowed to put that on your blog? Do I need a blog for that? To tell people they're f***ing cheaters?"

I'm gonna go with yes, get your own blog for that, cause we don't use that language 'round these parts.

Anyway...I can't decide if the cone of shame should go to Audrey for asking for the answers, or Adam for giving them to her.
I think it should be equal parts cone of shame.
Cause they're equal parts cheaters.
So they can be equally publicly shamed.

I realize an actual cone of shame is not on their registry, but they should know what to expect as their wedding gift from me.
That and maybe a card full of expletives.
Maybe.

She's lucky we took this picture, because every time I look at it, I'm over the cheating scandal.
And this one.

Adam on the other hand, I don't have any pictures with him, sooooo...he's still on the hook.

For shame Adam, for shame.



 photo townsend-sig_zpsd6f7a124.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Cone of shame...for sure. I may have one still from the dogs...does fed ex work for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your dress!
    Your poor sister...she looks like she has a million pieces of gum in her mouth from that game. That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. So hilarious that they cheated! Love your outfit, by the way! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you and your sister are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness...CHEATERS! HAHAHA. i can't believe they TOLD y'all they cheated. :)
    Y'all are so cute though - sisters yay!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by Strawberries and Wine